In Year One we aim to continue the learning journey building on the foundations laid out in Early Years.
In Years 1 and 2, subjects are taught in accordance with the Primary National Curriculum as follows: -
- Design and Technology
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Art and Design
- Physical Education
Children are organised in mixed ability classes according to their age, but there are occasions in the teaching of Maths and English when children may be taught in ability groups.
Other activities outside the National Curriculum are essential to provide a broad and balanced education for all children and form an integral part of the curriculum at Ringwood CE Infant School. These include: -
- Health, nutrition and personal safety (PSHE)
- Our Learning Values: independence, interdependence, spirituality, emotional intelligence, thinking and creativity
What we do:
- We offer a creative and diverse style of teaching and learning
- We make learning meaningful and fun ensuring that all children succeed at their own level
- In KS1 we have an exciting Integrated Curriculum which engages our children and encourages independent learning both inside and outside of school. Each topic integrates three main curriculum subjects and applies skills from a further two which encourages children to make connections in their learning.
We follow the National Curriculum 2014 covering the statutory subjects through inspiring and exciting topics.
The Integrated Curriculum Units covered in Year 1 are in the links below.